Friday, August 31, 2018

#horses - #How to know when to let go?


How to know when to let go?

I have a 20ish year old gelding who has been retired for a few years now. He has ringbone and pretty severe arthritis. Over the past few weeks I have noticed he has seem pretty sore and has been favoring the leg with ringbone. He has also been having trouble when I go to pick out his feet.

Other than that he still seems happy. He nickers when he sees me, is eating fine etc.

I just don't want him to be in too much pain. I am also not going to lie part of the reason besides his health is my finances. I can cover his board and regular expenses, but I wouldn't be able to cover any major vet bills.

I just don't know what to do. I don't want to put down a happy horse, but I also don't want him to get to the point where he is suffering.



Submitted August 31, 2018 at 09:52PM by Wandering_Lights
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/9c055f/how_to_know_when_to_let_go/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment