Thursday, August 17, 2017

#mylittlepony - #How do you read fanfiction?


How do you read fanfiction?

Fimfiction.net has made a huge impact on my reading habits. Once you find a few authors you like it's a neverending stream of free storytelling. But I've noticed that a few details of the site's app-store-like implementation have affected which stories I choose to read.

Authors there have long known that a good cover image goes a very long way towards getting your story read. Length is important - a longer story is more of a commitment to pick up. I've been surprised to find that chapter length makes a huge difference in my willingness to read a story - I'll happily read a 200,000-word story as long as it's divided into 3,000-word chunks, but a story with only one chapter that's 10,000 words long is a much more difficult sell. I like having each chapter checked off when I'm done with it, making it easy to resume next time I pick up the story. I know Fimfiction has recently implemented a feature that will let you pick up in the middle of a chapter, but that hasn't made a difference in my reading habits. I'm not completely sure why.

I'm curious about your ponyfiction reading habit, if you have one. Do you use Fimfiction, or something else? If you use Fimfiction, do you read it on your computer, on your phone, or both? Does anyone use their feature that lets you download stories in an epub format? Any tricks for finding good authors and stories? What does ponyfiction look like in your life?



Submitted August 17, 2017 at 11:17AM by DawnPaladin
via reddit http://ift.tt/2vMr7nW

No comments :

Post a Comment