Thursday, March 16, 2017

#horses - #Riding while pregnant?


Riding while pregnant?

Hey horsey people! We just found out we're expecting a few weeks ago. I made the mistake and let it slip to a friend who works at my barn at a social event. Unfortunately, she didn't keep it to herself and told my barn owner/head trainer. I haven't been out to the barn the last few days because I was sick. I made it back out today and the barn owner definitively states she won't allow me to ride my horse while pregnant, none negotiable. She's never been a mother but believes it could cause a miscarriage. I'm a bit in shock at the moment and not sure what to do. I've been riding long distance, fox hunting, hunter jumper. Random fact- we found out we were expecting on a snowboarding trip and it didn't stop me. I've already ok'd my riding plan with my Dr. (who's a high risk ob.) How do I handle this situation? Did any of you ladies continue to ride while pregnant? I don't know if fighting my way with my barns owner and ruining the relationship I have with her is a great idea. Ugh help me, I need advice.

Thanks family!

Bonus Cheeky picture of my mare :) http://ift.tt/2nt68oH



Submitted March 16, 2017 at 04:32PM by LaLaInVA
via reddit http://ift.tt/2mxUwf0

No comments :

Post a Comment