Thursday, March 16, 2017

#horses - #Question Regarding One Eyed Mare


Question Regarding One Eyed Mare

I've owned my one Eyed Mare, Chick, for 3 years now. She's my pride and joy, absolutely a sweet heart and overall a treat to keep. However, her missing eye appears to have been only half removed? There's a lot of pink tissue I judge to be muscle and some cloudy black tissue in the shape of a circle in the middle which I would guess to be the remnants of a cornea? The surgery to remove the affected eye after an accident with a branch would have been performed in 2002, is this common? I've seen one other horse like this, at a rodeo in 2015, but never got a chance to speak with the owner. Anyone else have a horse similar? Pics below, possibly NSFW if you're squeamish. It does not bother her what so ever, and it has never caused a problem. I'm just curious what I'm seeing. http://ift.tt/2nJmu8N



Submitted March 16, 2017 at 09:37AM by okthef
via reddit http://ift.tt/2nrH69l

No comments :

Post a Comment