Sunday, February 17, 2019

#mylittlepony - #A gigantic thank you to this fandom! My predictions for the last season.


A gigantic thank you to this fandom! My predictions for the last season.

I would rather make this post before the ending just because this is the hot topic right now. First I want to thank this entire fandom for providing me with memories I won't forget. I want to thank everyone I met at the two Brony Cons I have been to, that have been friendly to me. If it weren't for this show, I wouldn't have met one of my best friends and my previous depression would most likely have been worse. An infinite thank you to Lauren Faust, Meghan McCarthy, Jim Miller and everyone who works for DHX Media. Another infinite thank you to our beloved actresses and actors who came in to also entertain and not just come for a quick paycheck. You all get the idea.

I understand most emotions are negative now, they would have been for me years ago, but I am deciding to have a positive outlook. We will have a show that will not become dated for years to come. It can be passed onto a new generation of children and new fans are still going to exist. The show is special because even though I never met the cast and crew, they feel like a family. We got a product made by passionate and real people. Hasbro is the faceless corporation, but the artists are the people who treated this with respect and have been interactive with us the fans.

Jim's tweet gave me goosebumps that we are going to be getting possibly the best season in the entire show. I know its bad to let hype build up with the possibility that it may not be up to my standards. We are spoiled and have complained about many things in the past before only to be proven wrong. I am sticking by their passion to give us something special for the show's ending. It seems unlikely, I believe that we are going to get HALF a season with an overarching story line.

The typical format of the most seasons has been

  • two part opener( season 7 exempt)
  • slice of life for 20+ episodes
  • two part finale

I think that with the chance to wrap things up for most of these characters, we will get a plot where all the main heroines and remaining villains get their time to shine. It isn't confirmed if Equestria Girls is ending, but assuming it does, then I think EQG is going to be involved in the last season of the show. We will see Sunset Shimmer unite with Twilight and Starlight for the final showdown. We might see the human Mane 6 interact with the real Mane 6. Cozzy Glow is going to again recruit Tirek. Chrysalis and Sombra will return. This is another thing with an 0.0000012 chance of happening, but I am going to say that the Sirens will get their fair shake since I am guessing the staff wanted to possibly save them for last, they have been absent and Jim Miller did say "guest characters" will return. Not new guest, but old characters.

So a weird comparison, but I think the second half of season 9 is going to be formatted like Avatar Last Air Bender, Justice League Unlimited and pretty much any action cartoon. Its the last season, I truly think the next logical step is a finale chance to expand lore and do something adventure like. The Tree of Harmony might be at risk for being controlled, so there will be high stakes for this finale season.

Long post and ending it here. My expectations are not realistic, but I am being rational. The staff knows that they have recycled morals and friendship lessons for the last several seasons, they might think its time to break tradition and do something to please both old and young fans.



Submitted February 17, 2019 at 04:59PM by MALayhee1993
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/arqt8a/a_gigantic_thank_you_to_this_fandom_my/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment