Friday, October 5, 2018

#horses - #Tips for horse ownership?


Tips for horse ownership?

Hey y'all, when I was young I had over 20 horses. My mom was a trainer and shower until she had kids and needed to make more money. When my parents got divorced my mom lost custody of most of the horses. By that time, I was 11, and we had maybe 12 total. The remaining few were relocated to my moms friends ranch. She honestly neglected them anyway and just had too many to handle as a hobby. She didn't teach me a lot and I don't feel keen on asking her advice now. So I do have a background with horses. As a kid I loved working with my horse but she was one of the ones taken away. I never saw them again. I'd really like to get back into it. I plan on getting enough land for two. I want to raise them from foals and just train them for trail/recreational riding. Things I'm already aware of are the daily and lifetime commitment to caring for them, especially since I want to raise them. My level of responsibility will not be a problem. I know I need space for turn out and a shelter, grooming tools, feeding requirements given their size, and first aid kit. What are some things in your first aid kits that are essential but not something very common, if any? I know I need to be cautious of sellers so I don't get scammed. What are things to watch out for in that department? What are do's and don'ts, common mistakes people make with their horses? I want to do this right. It won't be for a few years until I get started but I want to be correctly prepared.

Sorry for the long post, I appreciate any feedback!



Submitted October 05, 2018 at 12:13PM by leadingthedogpack
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/9lorcn/tips_for_horse_ownership/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment