Friday, October 5, 2018

#horses - #hunter/jumper riders: show coat help


hunter/jumper riders: show coat help

Hi all! This is my first post here and I'm happy to have found the thread! I compete in the hunter/jumper world and will likely be showing in the .90-1.10 meter jumpers this coming show season on a (very) large chestnut.

Now for the issue: I am a larger rider who is trans-masculine. For those who don't know what that means: I am assigned female at birth, but don't identify as a woman. I've been taking testosterone for a number of gender and endocrine issues for a while now. I've dropped some weight and had a chest reduction, but more importantly, my body has completely changed shapes. My size 20 women's RJ Classics soft shell I wore three times is big in the bust and hips and tight in the waist. My measurements with a sports bra on are now pretty much the same between my bust/hips/waist. I am 5'6.

Anyone have any show coat recommendations? I don't mind if it's ladies or men's. I wear a ladies show shirt and breeches but the jacket can be either. It has to fit well, not be $900 and be hunter green preferably, but if not then black.

Thanks again for your help! So hard to find resources for those who are fuller figured or are not an "off the rack size"

Bonus: tuff rider regal field boots are AMAZING and everyone thinks they are parlantis when I wear them. They also hold up well. Just had to retire a pair I wore 3-6x a week for five years.



Submitted October 05, 2018 at 01:01PM by cadenem
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/9lp684/hunterjumper_riders_show_coat_help/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment