Tuesday, September 4, 2018

#horses - #Does anyone have any idea what this dark spot is?


Does anyone have any idea what this dark spot is?

I recently bought my sweet girl, Brandy, and she has this dark spot on her face. (The bite mark in her face is healing just fine) The previous owners said that they got her like that and that apparently she has had it her whole life. They first told me it was a rub, then they told me it was a birthmark. It's definitely not a rub because the skin is kind of rough, discolored, and her hair is growing back. And I didn't some digging and I don't think horses have birthmarks like that. The farrier said hes never seen anything like it. We are having a vet come out on saturday to check it. It doesn't bother her and she let's you touch it. It doesnt seem to be getting larger or changing texture. One theory we have is that maybe a concho on a bridle had a weird chemical on it or it was just a chemical burn. If anyone has seen anything like this please let me know. So far no one has seen anything like it and I'd like to have some sort of idea before the vet comes.



Submitted September 04, 2018 at 01:00PM by sajw123
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/9cymw3/does_anyone_have_any_idea_what_this_dark_spot_is/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment