Saturday, August 11, 2018

#horses - #Am I crazy for considering boarding my mare at a place with barbed wire fencing?


Am I crazy for considering boarding my mare at a place with barbed wire fencing?

So I must live in the barbed wire capitol because every place I go to check out has barbed wire fences pastures. My girl is still really young and growing so for that reason I don't want her to live in a stall but rather out in the pasture somewhere with a nice shelter.

Every place I go to has barbed wire fencing. Like all of them. There is one place I saw that has a beautiful HUGE 30 acre green pasture with a nice facility, and a huge shelter, with no prairie dog holes. BUT the fencing is barbed wire. I've always been taught that barbed wire is a HUGE no no and I've heard stories about horses slicing their tendons open so I feel dumb for even considering this option.

Am I being naive to think that because the pasture is so huge and the fence is well maintained that this could work?



Submitted August 11, 2018 at 07:28PM by equkelly
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/96lmpj/am_i_crazy_for_considering_boarding_my_mare_at_a/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment