Monday, June 25, 2018

#horses - #Bit question


Bit question

I ride English. My instructor recommended a single D ring snaffle. I bought a Korsteel thin d ring racing snaffle (single jointed). I opted for this one because it was much lighter than the others.

Is this a western bit!? Can I use this for eventing? Or just suck it up and get a D ring hunter bit? What makes a hunter d ring different than a "plain/regular" d ring? Am overwhelmed by all the types of single jointed D ring snaffles lol

My 6 year old OTTB came to me in a harsh Waterford. I tried him in an eggbutt snaffle (single jointed) and it was too mild :( He seems to have a small mouth and "thin skin" (delicate palate?)

Any bit tips?

Thanks in advance



Submitted June 25, 2018 at 07:34AM by JEMPhish
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/8tqjz0/bit_question/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment