Thursday, March 15, 2018

#mylittlepony - #Real Talk: Did/Do you like school?


Real Talk: Did/Do you like school?

With the big change in season 8 being the introduction of the School of Friendship, it's clear that the show runners are of the opinion that school is something fun and relatable.

While I can't deny that second part (though I'm sure there are some homeschooled kids that don't get what the fuss is about) that first part is kind of questionable to me.

It's not exactly like I had a hard time in school, but I can't remember a time in my life where I was exactly excited to attend, and wouldn't have preferred to be doing almost anything else. As such, dwelling on a school setting has never been super exciting for me. I was more interested in the wizards and magic than Hogwarts and Houses in Harry Potter. There's a ton of anime that I end up losing interest in because of the cookie cutter school based scenario.

Truthfully, a big part of why I'm not as into Equestria Girls as some other fans is because I've never been onboard with the school focused setting. Don't get me wrong, I was a kid who found learning fun, enjoyed solving problems, and liked taking tests. It's just even to me school was never fun and exciting, it was boring and dull even at the best of times. At the worst of times, well, it was a little slice of Hell. Keeping that in mind I flat did not like school or enjoy my time there. Stories/characters that act like school is this fun exciting place feel alien and disingenuous to me. It kills my interest and immersion.

So how about you? Do you like school? Do you have fond memories that get you excited about the concept of a story set in a school? Are you in class right now, having the time of your life learning exciting things and paling around with friends? If you do or don't, if you have or haven't, is that effecting your excitement for the upcoming season at all?



Submitted March 15, 2018 at 08:25AM by TheKnackerman
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/84mtu0/real_talk_diddo_you_like_school/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment