Monday, March 5, 2018

#horses - #How to quit wasting hay


How to quit wasting hay

Howdy. I recently moved my gelding onto my property, and he seems to quite enjoy spreading his hay around his stall (and always has after talking with prior barns owners and managers). I built him a wooden feeder in the corner about 1.5x3x2 feet (WxLxH). It's better, but not great. What about securing netting on the bottom of the feeder, putting the hay/alfalfa in, then looping the netting over the top to create a kind of slow feeder? The feeder is higher than his knees, so I highly doubt he will step in it. Does anyone have any experience with something similar or see any potential problems?



Submitted March 05, 2018 at 07:44PM by SlowLoper2012
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/82bql5/how_to_quit_wasting_hay/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment