Monday, March 5, 2018

#horses - #Getting a saddle fitter for an unbacked horse. And a few other tack questions.


Getting a saddle fitter for an unbacked horse. And a few other tack questions.

So I have just got a 5 year old unbacked warmblood. I've sat on her bareback and she was an angel. I need to look into getting some tack now!

First question is about saddles - would a saddle fitter come out to a horse that has never had a saddle on before? From what I've read a lot of them ask you to ride in the saddle which obviously I couldn't do!

I've been lent a breaking bit, very metal and with keys for her to play with. As she's not a complete baby I'm wondering if a softer 'happy mouth' bit might be better? Does anyone have any recommendations of what you started your horses in?

And lastly bridles! I'm just looking for a snaffle bridle, cavesson noseband. Anyone got any recommendations?

Thanks!



Submitted March 05, 2018 at 02:54PM by LucyThePony
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/829q1k/getting_a_saddle_fitter_for_an_unbacked_horse_and/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment