Thursday, October 26, 2017

#horses - #When to start soaking grain?


When to start soaking grain?

I have three horses and one is a senior. They each eat one quart of dry Triumph Complete every night. When is it a good idea to start soaking the grain so that it's easier for them to eat? We've never had a problem with giving them dry grain before, but my Tennessee Walker is getting pretty old and I'm worried about any choking hazards there might be. I know some people soak their horses' grain at any age but we've never done it with ours. Is it a good time to start doing it? I've been hearing more and more stories of horses choking. My TW is twenty-something. We don't know his age for sure because he was a rescue. He doesn't have any problems with swallowing or his teeth or anything.

Thank you :)



Submitted October 26, 2017 at 06:00PM by SprinklesOfFun
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/78znrm/when_to_start_soaking_grain/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment