Thursday, October 26, 2017

#horses - #Looking for advice on helping girlfriend cope with oft-injured horse.


Looking for advice on helping girlfriend cope with oft-injured horse.

Hello,

I feel I should preface this by saying I don't know much about horses. Everything I've learned is from my girlfriend but I still don't know much.

Any ways, about two years ago she bought her first horse and was very excited about it. She got a solid few months of freely riding her horse. Then injuries started happening.

First, her horse cut his leg in his stall which caused it to swell up and there was complications. This injury kept her off her horse for a year.

She got back on him for about a few weeks, he then coliced and had to get surgery and was out a few more months. She pushed through that.

Most recently, and this was a few weeks ago, her horses neck started acting up and I believe she said he has arthritis in his neck and had to get injections. She's had some vets tell her he might not be safe to jump anymore. The injections are going to keep him out another few weeks.

She's always so positive when he gets healthy again only to be shot down when he gets hurt again. I've been with her for six years and have never seen her this down about her horse. I've seen her lease horses, help train horses for free, and work her way up to buying her horse. Horses are big in her life and I'm just trying to help her any way I can.

Thank you.



Submitted October 26, 2017 at 10:15PM by giantsap
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/790yzt/looking_for_advice_on_helping_girlfriend_cope/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment