Sunday, September 24, 2017

#horses - #Treating and preventing thrush


Treating and preventing thrush

My new farrier came out today for the first time since I've moved my boy from a dry arid climate to a very, very damp one. Overall he said his hooves looked good, but he was developing thrush in two of his hooves. His suggestion was using WD-40 on the hooves once a day for a week until adjusting to once a week as preventative measures and as much as I like listening to a professional, I'm very leery of spraying that on him.

Does anyone have any techniques or advice on how I can take care of the current situation and become more proactive for the future? My horse has a dry stall and plenty of room to move, but the sandy soil and moisture in the air along with frequent rain is going to make the moisture problem impossible to avoid.



Submitted September 24, 2017 at 12:14AM by horse_thoughts
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/723j9c/treating_and_preventing_thrush/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment