Sunday, September 24, 2017

#horses - #Would you buy a 10 year old horse who has never had shots/been vaccinated?


Would you buy a 10 year old horse who has never had shots/been vaccinated?

I really like this horse, but it sounds like he's had little to no vet maintenance. The people selling him don't believe in vaccinations. He's had his hooves trimmed regularly, but it sounds like he doesn't have any vet history/records. Of course I would get a vet check before buying, but I'm wondering if there are any consequences to this that might pose a problem later. Thanks!

Edit: I'd be boarding him at a facility with lots of other horses. Even if I got him vaccinated before buying I assume it would take a few months to take effect.



Submitted September 24, 2017 at 10:09PM by thw1416
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/72a40a/would_you_buy_a_10_year_old_horse_who_has_never/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment