Tuesday, July 18, 2017

#horses - #Thinning the tail at the dock?


Thinning the tail at the dock?

My horse's tail is super thick up at the top, to the point where the hair grows farther around the back of his dock than I've ever seen on a horse.

Normally not too big of an issue (yay thick tail!) but it's an issue because his poop gets caught in it especially in the winter, and it's difficult to clean because it's so thick.

Is there any way to thin it? I'm concerned about clipping it off though that'd be the easiest because it seems like it would be uncomfortable as it starts to grow out more, but I guess that's incentive to keep it trimmed? Or pulling it, but it's so thick that it would take ages, especially if I spread it out to be kinder to him...not sure he'd put up with it regardless.

Any ideas?



Submitted July 18, 2017 at 09:20PM by Al-Capony
via reddit http://ift.tt/2u6TfRT

No comments :

Post a Comment