Tuesday, July 18, 2017

#horses - #How much for a beginner-friendly dressage horse?


How much for a beginner-friendly dressage horse?

I hope this post makes sense. I'm on mobile and this is only my 2nd Reddit post. I much prefer to lurk.

I am an Advanced Beginner adult and am trying to determine if I can afford to buy a horse. I have figured out maintenance costs and how much to have on hand for emergencies, now I'm trying to come up with a reasonable ballpark estimate for my ideal horse. I'm hoping for a fairly calm, older horse with training in low level dressage that can jump 18" or so. I'm not planning to show or breed and have no interest in bloodlines. I prefer tall horses, but that is mostly cosmetic and not a requirement at all. Breed doesn't matter and while I prefer geldings, I will definitely consider a mare if she meets my temperament requirements.

In my search online I haven't had much luck. I either see horses that are ropers and trail horses with no dressage experience, or high level dressage horses that are $20,000+ and not suitable for beginners. I'm hoping to get horse and tack for $8,000 or less. Is this a possibility or am I looking for a unicorn?



Submitted July 18, 2017 at 07:01PM by mingmob
via reddit http://ift.tt/2uAGgtX

No comments :

Post a Comment