Tuesday, July 18, 2017

#horses - #Barn commute question


Barn commute question

Hey fellow horse lovers ! I have a commute question. Currently I am commuting to the barn ( don't have my own horse and don't plan on buying for quite some time) a total of 45-60 mins one way. I'm in my twenties and live in a city with many friends, a bf, and my sister. I only go to the barn a max of 3 times a week. But the quality of horses and lessons are very good. I don't compete and don't really want to at this point in my life. I'm saving for a house and love doing other non horsey things in a very unique city. There are ZERO barns closer that are of any quality. Most are back yard or have 0 turnout and it's too sad in my opinion. So I guess the question is, how long do other people commute ? Would you commute this long if you only had a 5 minutes commute to work ? My other option is moving closer to the barn but then having an hour commute to work which I have a hard time justifying. I'll probably move cities entirely in the future because this isn't a place you stay long term or I could possibly find a job closer to the horsey area and just visit the city when I want to. My car gets 40mpg so gas isn't a huge issue and it's relatively new, completely paid for. Just trying to justify the drive as I recently got back into riding and have never traveled this far. I don't mind the drive as I listen to music, podcasts, books on tape, or call my family on my Bluetooth of course.



Submitted July 18, 2017 at 03:33PM by strawberryfields91
via reddit http://ift.tt/2vfII6P

No comments :

Post a Comment