Thursday, February 2, 2017

So I want a horse.


So I want a horse.

(Plan below, tell me what you think. I need advice)

Alright. I want a horse. Yeah yeah, you've heard it before.

I also have never owned one- You've heard this too.

BUT I am around horses all day and work at an equine veterinarian so I know the cost TRUUUUST ME. Having to take some payments people walk out looking like they got shot in the foot๐Ÿ˜‚ (I'm a Receptionist and weekly stall picker, I ask everyday to pick stalls ๐Ÿ˜Œ) I have the money to care for the horse, this is not the issue..... I've just never owned/leased one.

Riding level- Green rider.

I can function on a horse but I don't think this is good enough ๐Ÿ‘Œ

So. How the hell do I improve myself and make myself into a suitable future horse owner before I even think of leasing or buying?

I have all the resources and connections at my fingertips.

Volunteering(Clients would be happy to have me volunteer), experienced people around me every day, a way to work of vet bills if I ever needed to which they would let me do (Wonderful place to work๐Ÿ‘) If some huge emergency happened (I would have money stashed away before even considering making a purchase just thinking worst case scenario) and other things I'm to lazy to list.

So I have my "BE AROUND HORSE PEOPLE" covered.

The potential horse I want someday would be preferably an older(ish) rescue horse with a calm demeanor that has patience and can take my fumbling bullcrap while loving me unconditionally.

(Client and good friend buys and sells reputable horses from good homes. If I asked her she could find me close to what I was looking for with her connections. Which is a good horse ๐Ÿ˜Œ) BUT THATS A LONG WAYS OFF-

So I guess my first step would be, volunteer with the therapy horses. Calm demeanor and put up with rowdy children.

Second, bum rides with friends and nag the people at work to teach me their ways, includes picking/mucking stalls(Can I just tell you horses are much cleaner than dogs and cats?! Believe it or not! cringes)

Third, Prices of things needed. Already have list started.

But need list of things a noob wouldn't think of.

Tack will wait for when horse is purchased/leased.

Four, lessons- Easy/general lessons. Need to be careful due to back. My doctor has already verified that it is okay and would be good for me to ride horses as long as I wasn't doing anything insane. (Plan below, tell me what you think. I need advice)

Side note- educating myself on types of bits and horse tack/equipment.

Anything you want to add please add.

Please help. ๐Ÿ˜‚



Submitted February 03, 2017 at 05:19AM by UnicornMoonPie
via reddit http://bit.ly/2l19jPN

No comments :

Post a Comment