Thursday, February 23, 2017

#mylittlepony - #Rarity is a Southern Belle


Rarity is a Southern Belle

It's a small thing, but I was thinking about Rarity in terms of American archetypes and I kept thinking of different New York attitudes, but she never really seemed to fit into any of them.

Then it hit me! See, I come from Texas, easily one of the kindest Southern states, and I grew up with almost every woman I knew calling me various names of 'sweetie', 'hon', 'darling', and other such names. Even when I was well into 16, teachers would call me such names, even cashiers.

If anything, Rarity's attitudes strike me more as, though I imagine she might scoff at this if I said it to her face, something of the Southern Belle archetype, living in a more rural area, as Ponyville is pretty much as a small, semi-rural town, dreaming of far off idyllic court room romance and refinery and attempting to emulate it in her own life. She seems to fit the character mold quite well, though she is most certainly of the kind variety.

Hopefully I'm not just repeating old hash, but I thought it'd be interesting for at least a few people.



Submitted February 23, 2017 at 05:55PM by 1redrider
via reddit http://ift.tt/2l5yobe

No comments :

Post a Comment