Thursday, February 23, 2017

#mylittlepony - #Do Crystal Unicorns exist?


Do Crystal Unicorns exist?

So, yeah. I'm working on ideas for my OC pony. As anyone in the pony fandom eventually does. Pretty sure its some kind of law or something.

I've known he was going to be a unicorn and had a basic color scheme and his cutie mark / talent in mind for some time now, but now I'm staring to go into more detail. I was just going to make him a normal unicorn. But then I got to thinking that since his powers are going to be pretty crystal-related anyway, maybe I should make him a Crystal Pony.

But then I got to thinking more, and I realized that I don't recall ever seeing a Crystal Unicorn. And indeed, I went and rewatched all the Crystal Empire episodes, and there don't seem to be any unicorns that are "crystal style". Any of the unicorns in the episodes seem to be travelers from other places in Equestria.

There also don't seem to be any Crystal Pegasi except for the guards in "The Times they are a Changeling" either.

Is it actually the case that pretty much the whole Crystal Empire is all earth ponies? Or are the other two races just not shown as Crystal Ponies for the sake of making it easier on the artists? I have noticed that the Crystal Ponies seem to reuse a lot of assets from one another (lots of recolored manes and identical cutie marks) so I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case, but I dunno. Its weird that there isn't a single unicorn anywhere.

I don't really want my OC to be some one-of-a-kind special snowflake. Nothing against those types of OCs, but personally I'd rather have him just be an average pony. So I'll probably just drop the idea of a crystal unicorn if they don't exist or are super rare or something.



Submitted February 23, 2017 at 04:54PM by ElecManEXE
via reddit http://ift.tt/2lB8huF

No comments :

Post a Comment