Monday, February 20, 2017

#horses - #Off-site lease/lease to buy advice?


Off-site lease/lease to buy advice?

I'm looking for advice and insight that this sub seems to provide. I've been advertising my mare for sale for a variety of reasons that basically boil down to the fact I don't have enough time in the day to see her, much less give her attention and training.

I've got someone interested in doing an off-site lease or a lease to buy situation. I've never done either of these and don't really know many horsey people in my personal life to ask. I've heard the general horror stories where a horse goes away and is either sold or abused. I know this is always a possibility, but I hope it can't be the majority of the experiences; just that bias of only the bad stories get passed around.

I know to ask for vet and farrier references and to do a site visit for where she would be staying. I know that there needs to be some sort of contract written up, but I'm fuzzy on the details. Is a lease to buy basically buying a horse on payments, kind of like a car or a land contract? I know a lease involves getting the horse back at the end and obviously a lease to buy you pass ownership along.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Personal experiences to share? Thanks in advance!



Submitted February 20, 2017 at 08:35AM by rhapsodyknit
via reddit http://ift.tt/2m0QXSY

No comments :

Post a Comment