Monday, February 20, 2017

#horses - #My horse said bye to a random deer carcass...


My horse said bye to a random deer carcass...

Went for a trail ride with my mom today. We have a few questionable neighbors who like to poach, so my mom keeps an eye out for carcasses.

Well we found one. A young buck (3 maybe 4 points), fully intact. Didn't see any blood and it looked fresh. Animals hadn't even gotten to it.

The horses were fine around it. The mare I was on nosed at it's back. I wonder if she was telling it to get up, saying good bye, or just curious. I also wonder if it's smell was familiar because we get deer in the pasture with the horses.

Just an interesting thing that happened.



Submitted February 20, 2017 at 08:37PM by LaserDinoSquid
via reddit http://ift.tt/2kGqE4k

No comments :

Post a Comment