Thursday, February 6, 2020

#mylittlepony - #Pastel Ponies Helped me become a Person


Pastel Ponies Helped me become a Person

I am a huge fan of Friendship is Magic and Equestria Girls, and really I just wanted to gush for a moment about the positive impact Pones have made on my life while it's npt.

Gah, where to begin. I was raised in an abusive, conservative household so many of the basic lessons of the show were one's I actually needed to learn. Friendship was something I didn't really learn growing up.

And more, the show is so earnest, unapologetically kind and fiercely femme, in a lot of ways it certainly helped me come to terms with my gender, and a lifetime of violence.

It's inspired me artistically. I wrote an RPG setting intensely inspired by mlp, but with [Permian Period critters] (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/846377662/permian-nations/description). The Dimetrodon culture is directly inspired by the slightly bitchier teenage version of Rarity in EG. And just the positive impact the show had on opening up my emotional spectrum and exploring themes and ideas that otherwise wouldn't have occurred to me.

And finally, the ongoing redemption of villains has been inspirational as I try to contend with the person I used to be.

<3



Submitted February 06, 2020 at 02:33PM by space-ogress
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/ezzjae/pastel_ponies_helped_me_become_a_person/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment