Saturday, November 16, 2019

#horses - #Best ride EVER


Best ride EVER

Yesterday, I showed up at the barn for my lesson only to find that my horse Josie was lame and couldn't be ridden. My trainer suggested I ride another horse, Dotty. (She's a fleabitten grey OTTB Mare). I was a bit nervous about riding her, as she is still somewhat young in training. The last time I had ridden her it had been not so good. I couldn't get her to slow down and relax and I took a hard fall eventually. As I brought her in and noticed her ground manners had improved SO MUCH. She was totally at ease and that was great. I took her in the arena to warmup with some groundwork and that went perfectly. I saddled her up after that and got on. I then had probably the best and most enjoyable lesson ever! It felt like riding on a cloud. I usually struggle to get my other horse to to anything I ask and riding her is fun, but exhausting. Dotty, however is just effortless. She obviously had been worked with a LOT to improve this much. I'm just still wowed at the difference between the horse that was zooming around the arena a few months ago and the horse I rode yesterday. Well, I just wanted to write this because I'm happy. I hope I can ride Dotty again next week!



Submitted November 16, 2019 at 06:36AM by YEETmyPlatypus
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/dx6zby/best_ride_ever/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment