Thursday, October 10, 2019

#mylittlepony - #Thanks for this long journey.


Thanks for this long journey.

Ever since i became a brony between the hiatus from the 1st season towards the 2nd. I immersed myself into a world i would never have expected to be this big and amazing, i remember the when the first pony images i saw caught my attention on some meme websites, where some screenshots from the show were captioned to some funny situations, though i barely remember those now, there are many things that i remembered from the show.

When strangely (and like many people) i decided to watch the first episode, i was quite doubting myself if i should go into a girl's show, where colored cartoon horses and rainbows were the main focus with sprinkled colored cakes and songs about friendship, definitely not a scene i expected myself getting into, and as soon as the 1st episode ended, i was left with only one thought: i wanted more.

My little pony was just another brand for me, i remember back in my childhood where there were 2 competing brands (at least on my head). Mattel and Hasbro, and since Hot wheels belonged to Mattel, i didn't cared at all about what hasbro released, i was not into transformers or whatever other toys they were releasing, however i remember (in blurry memories) about the my little pony commercials, some of my female partners in school had them and i just didn't cared, it was just a brand that never crossed my mind and i barely gave any attention towards it.

Besides the documentaries about bronies and some other history i learned more about later; i remember ponies being quite unappealing, some sort of fat horses with small eyes and covered in typical cliches about everything being awesome and good. Of course i cannot bash the previous generations for if it weren't for them, there would be no friendship is magic, however when i started looking at the newest generation created by Lauren Faust, ponies were appealing, i was engaged in the show, i was looking forward every saturado for a new episode, i was rewatching the songs and singing-along (despite me hating musicals), and most importantly, i was getting involved into somewhere i could be accepted.

When i finished season 1, i was in awe, ponies were no longer this girly thing i used to frown upon, nor it was the typical "girly" show where tea parties and dresses were the peak point. There was emotional development, each character had defining traits that made them stand out from each other, i was feeling identified with many aspects of them, overcoming many fears and anxieties from scenes of my past, loving these ponies made me overcome many aspects of myself.

Around a year before Friendship is magic came out, i was on my last year of high school, i was going through some major depressive moments of my life and i even attempted to kill myself at some point, wondering if life even had a meaning, through some psychologists and some psychiatrists, i managed to overcome my problems and move along, however, there was still a feeling of a meaningless void inside me, i was at a point where i wanted to carry on, but i had no idea where, and that's where i was diagnosed with Aspergers.

For those that have no idea, Asperger is a syndrome where an individual has trouble communicating with others, has deep interests in a single topic and has very few friends, is quite introverted, and spends most of his time in a "solitary shell". I had many of these aspects in my life, i was bullied almost to death in my previous years and my social skills were really really low, and then, my little pony came out.

As many people know, every episode (specially the first ones) dealt with how to behave and act with many friendship problems throughout many distinct situations, really deepening into many complex dialogue, friendship problems, dealing with distinct reactions and each pony having its own problems, ideas, thoughts and motivations.

Friendship is magic has helped me learn how to react in social situations, how to deal with some problems and how to overcome minor and major difficulties in life. You may have no idea how many times i sang-along the Smile song from Pinkie Pie to ease my anxieties and calm down my nerves, always knowing that no matter the problem, i would always be able to carry on.

As the episodes moved on, i got in touch with the community, talked to people in forums, joined discords, role-played as my favorite ponies, i had my ups and downs with the series. I went to the cinemas to watch all the equestria girls movies so excited to see if my favorite pony would appear in it.

When i told my family that i liked my little pony, i was really worried that they would react in the same way as if i were coming out as gay (which i'm not). However they didn't seemed to be bothered with it and actually enjoyed seeing me this happy with the series. When the news reached beyond my nuclear family i was surprised to see the entire support i got from liking something that is seen as "girly". My sister and mother gave me some good pony figurines for my birthday and christmas. My aunt gave me a build-a-bear Rainbow Dash with her gala gown and i absolutely love it! She also gave me a pillow and some play-doh figurines among other stuff. My father, was raised as a very conservative person, and despite him not agreeing with many of today's ideology, brings me comics every week! By Celestia i love how my family has supported me with my love for ponies.

Comics are amazing, i gotta thank every person behind the comics, for the excellent style and amazing stories, i love reading those great pages filled with thrilling emotions, exciting finales and epic climaxes.

Show had its ups and downs, i remember the chaos alicorn Twilight Sparkle created, i remember the problems with Equestria Girls, many left the show with Starlight Glimmer too! but it didn't mattered to me, i wanted to keep on going with the show and i'm still standing with it until the very end...

Ever since saw her, and just like many people like to do, i chose my Waifu. I really really like Octavia and pretty much in many communities i have entered, they have supported me in pairing me with her. I know it's quite pathetic in liking (and loving) a fictional character, but i gotta thank everyone for accepting her as my Waifu.

And now the tears are about to come. When i read that season 9 was gonna be the end, my brain just denied it… i didn't wanted it to end, not the show that helped me grow! not the show that made me realize how many good things in life are out there! i just didn't wanted to… and here i am, waiting for the ending over morrow.

I haven't seen the last episode of course, but my mind pictured it like every single pony saying goodbye and thanks for all the memories… Every single one gazing into the camera and saying a big thank you, before they all faded into obscurity while the book from the very beginning closed and the final credits started rolling.

Of course i'm pretty sure the ending will be quite different, however i cannot bear myself staring at the final credits, just by thinking about it, tears start rolling down my cheeks, i don't want it to end, however, and as many people have told me, all good things must come to an end, and we don't want the series to roll into a bad series if these continue.

I will cry like never before, and i wanna make sure that if you also cry, that if you're desolate, you're not alone, i will be there along for the ride and if you even wanna talk, i'll be there for you.

I never was somebody that could have helped the community, i see every day so many posts about drawings, comics, fanfics, music, dubs, etc. And here i am, a nobody who never managed to give anything back to this amazing community. i always lurked, casually talked to other bronies but never went to any convention nor ever knew another brony IRL. This are just a big thanks and hug from a Brony that never did anything but just enjoy the show.

I wanna thank the staff behind the show, i managed to talk to them a few times via Twitter, even had Megan Mc Carthy as a friend in the game loft app! (before i was banned) They sure did an amazing work with everybody, trying to please all the community while making a good show is no easy task and definitely something to be proud of.

I wanna thank the staff behind the comics, for their amazing stories, their crazy plots and just incredible lessons about life and friendship.

I wanna thank all the amazing community for all the support, all the fan made content, the music, the images, the inspiration, just about everything…

But i wanna thank a special person above them all… YOU!

But you already thanked the community you might be saying

I wanna thank you, for reading this, for helping this amazing show grow no matter what, if you watched the show, you helped it, you helped the bronies and you helped yourself becoming a better person. So i definitely wanna thank you for all this time, for all the laughs, the tears, the hugs, the lessons in friendship and everything that is yet to come…

Remember, after all, we got this together...



Submitted October 10, 2019 at 07:40PM by Applehelpme92
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/dg82uz/thanks_for_this_long_journey/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment