Monday, October 28, 2019

#horses - #In 30 days my girl and I will be moving to the perfect barn to support her recovery and my success! Looking for tips


In 30 days my girl and I will be moving to the perfect barn to support her recovery and my success! Looking for tips

Vet cleared my pony to be back in work, but as the most will be light walk/trot/canter, no jumping, just flat work. More casual riding than intense dressage work or hunter/jumper which I want to get back to.

The new facility we are going to is perfect for this. Miles of trails, indoor and outdoor with another outdoor just for flatwork in the process of being built. Large turnout and large stalls (my tiny 13.1 pony will swim in them, they're designed for draft horses).

Only issue I have is that I don't like the feed they're providing, and I also don't like the feed she's getting now. Theirs is a 12% and she's on a 14% performance feed. I would like to switch her to a maintenance feed, so would love suggestions on products to look into.

Also looking for tips on transitioning horses between barns. She's currently out with mostly gelding who pick on her a lot. Every time I see her she has a new cut, scratch etc (with the excuse horses will be horses, when I've asked for a switch in paddocks). She'll be out in a large field with 10 other mares. They all seemed very gentle and relaxed when I visited the barn a couple of times, and I never noticed them have issues and they all were scrape and cut free. It's also going to be around December 1st that we move so it will be winter time. It's only about 30 minutes away from her current barn though.

Basically I just want to make this as easy of a transition as possible for her.



Submitted October 28, 2019 at 08:39AM by silverhairwitch
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/do9qdt/in_30_days_my_girl_and_i_will_be_moving_to_the/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment