Saturday, September 21, 2019

#horses - #(A little off topic) Can I just say how grateful I am to be able to live with my horses


(A little off topic) Can I just say how grateful I am to be able to live with my horses

(Im writing this while waiting for a mare to foal, this might be a bit rambly) A little background info. I live outside of a medium sized (10,000ish people) town in a regional area of Australia. I'm also in my last year of schooling and I graduate in 4 weeks. I'm taking up an apprenticeship on a large scale farm not far from my family's Horse Stud. Which is great for me because I can still ride and see my horses every day. But most of the people I know who ride are going to university, the closest one being 400-500 kilometres away, meaning they need to move away. A lot of them are really upset because they need to leave their horses behind. I couldn't imagine leaving my two mares. Being with them is my favourite part of the day and it would kill me to have to say goodbye to them for more than a week. I can't even imagine what the ones leaving are feeling like now. I'm so grateful because I can see them everyday instead on the occasional weekend.



Submitted September 21, 2019 at 04:23AM by LowCountryCowboy
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/d78rx8/a_little_off_topic_can_i_just_say_how_grateful_i/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment