Thursday, March 28, 2019

#mylittlepony - #Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle...


Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle...

Dear Princess Twilight Sparkle,

Hey, it's me. Smolder. I'm that dragon at your school. So, uh, I've been here for a full year now … Sorry, I'm not good at writing these kind of dumb sappy letters you make us write. Dragons don't really do this kind of stuff. (Ocellus may or may not have helped me proofread this…)

That being said, … I actually kind of like it here in Equestria. At first, I thought it would be the lamest thing ever. After all, what kind of dragon would voluntarily decide to spend her time with ponies? (Oh, I guess there's Spike, but he's an exception.) But after spending a whole year with everyone here, I can say pretty positively that I am pretty glad Dragon Lord Ember dragged me here.

I used to think ponies were weak creatures who were too kind for their own good, but after spending time with you, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Rarity, I discovered that you ponies can really kick butt when you need to – who knows, you might even kick dragon butt someday (or maybe you already have…). In fact, I used to think the same thing about pretty much all other creatures besides dragons. But after meeting Gallus, Ocellus, Sandbar, Silverstream, and Yona, I learned that spending time with other creatures really isn't that bad. In fact, I've honestly had more fun in Equestria than in any other community I've ever been a part of.

Who knows? Maybe one day I could convince other dragons that ponies aren't so bad. It'll be tough… no one I know back in the dragon lands knows that I'm in Equestria right now. And if they found out, I'd probably get made fun of for it by all of them. I'm honestly kind of scared about them finding out. Dragons like to look tough, and spending time in Equestria will definitely look weak to most dragons.

But even though dragons may like to look tough, trust me when I say that not all of them are. Dragons are rude, dumb, and impatient, but I like to believe that most of them aren't jerks who'll just take advantage of others for selfish reasons. Underneath that toughness is someone that does value things like family, love, and camaraderie.

One day, I'd like to take Spike to the dragon lands. We hang out a lot! We go against each other all the time in fire-breathing competitions, and I've taught him a few tricks of the dragon trade, like flying. Heh, after a spending a year with him, I feel almost like his big sister in a way. I hope that's not weird… what do you think?

Your student,
Smolder the Dragon

P.S. If we swap "Equestria" with something like, oh, "/r/mylittlepony", then the first part of this letter would be a pretty great analogy for something … :)



Submitted March 28, 2019 at 07:37AM by SmolderTheDragon
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/b6iw5h/dear_princess_twilight_sparkle/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment