Wednesday, October 24, 2018

#horses - #Tips for long distance/endurance trail riding over multiple months? (BNT)


Tips for long distance/endurance trail riding over multiple months? (BNT)

Hi all, Something I've wanted to do for ages is a long distance horse trek, in which you pretty much ride from camp to camp in a team of two or three horses (ride, pack and spare). The only issue is I can't find many resources, except for the guide books which you have to buy. I plan to buy them when I am in the situation to start planning for the trek (won't be for a few years), but in the meantime I was wondering if any of you had experience on what skills are needed and what equipment should be bought. Some tips that make the whole experience easier are also highly requested!!

If anyone is wondering I am planning on doing the Bicentennial National Trail (BNT) which is 5300 km or 3300 miles long. It sounds long for a first time trek, but it's not like I have to do the whole thing and I can always turn around after a few days if I feel in over my head. For more info on the BMT here is the website: https://www.bicentennialnationaltrail.com.au/about/about-the-trail-us/#menu_bnt

Tl;dr: could anyone with experience in horse trekking depart their wisdom onto me? It can be anything related to the topic, I'm just knowledge hungry.



Submitted October 24, 2018 at 06:24AM by soggy-lumps
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/9qz5qw/tips_for_long_distanceendurance_trail_riding_over/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment