Monday, October 15, 2018

#horses - #Not sure how to handle a loss


Not sure how to handle a loss

Symphony - Symphony's Flaming Dawn in full - became my wife's horse in 2004, when she graduated college.

She was a lifelong horse nut, rode Symphony for lessons, and had been saving for her, until her parents bought the horse as a graduation present.

They've been inseparable ever since, and I entered as horse hubby 7 years ago. Well trained, I can groom, tack, help coach dressage and arena jumping.

Yesterday we got home from a weekend out of town, and an hour later got a call that Symphony was dead.

Autopsy revealed sudden aortic aneurysm. I'm doing alright I guess, but my wifeis understandably a mess.

I'm not new to grief, compassion, or being a good husband but I am new to losing a horse. Any suggestions on how to proceed with the coming months of horse-related everything are welcome.



Submitted October 15, 2018 at 01:25PM by Forgotten5
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/9ofvlt/not_sure_how_to_handle_a_loss/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment