Sunday, September 2, 2018

#horses - #Groom That Used To Work At A Horse Racetrack


Groom That Used To Work At A Horse Racetrack

Hi my name is Ian, I worked on horse racetracks off and on over 10 years along with horse riding stables. I broke my leg back in 2008 that ended up being chronic leg pain that has ended my career caring for horses and to this day still can't stand or walk more then 2 hours without great pain. Anyway I wanted to share some photos of the horses I cared for (TLC) in Vancouver BC Canada. I don't like gambling and I don't like the horse racing industry, I wanted to care and show love for horses that most needed it so I worked at racetracks, not sure how many have this mindset in the racing industry so I wont estimate. I have talked with other grooms and trainers and they always say don't get attached to the horses because they can be sold off die in a race or get so injured they have to be euthanasia. I don't believe that for one moment, I wish more people would show TLC in the racing industry. These horses live a chaotic life all for the entertainment gamble and monetary gain, I strongly believe all horses regardless of occupation or purpose should be loved and cared for however long they have to live.

PS, sorry for spelling and grammar mistakes.

Sadly I can't remember his name so I will call him Lippflapper :D

Can't remember her name so I will call her, CuriousGirl

Wicca, she has more spirit then any horse I ever met!

Grey, lovable duffus :)

Froggy, always mad but if you turn your back to her shes cool :D

Young guy can't remember his name so I will call him Jumpy :)



Submitted September 02, 2018 at 09:49AM by IanWPG2018
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/9cd17w/groom_that_used_to_work_at_a_horse_racetrack/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment