Sunday, September 16, 2018

#horses - #Gelding wont move with mare in arena


Gelding wont move with mare in arena

I bought my 4 yr old QH gelding a few months ago. His last home was only him and another gelding. We are now at a bigger barn and I have noticed that if there is a mare in the arena and we come in, he wont go under saddle. Might take a few steps of a slooow walk but that it about it. Ignore all my leg aids, even when I use a whip. As soon as the mare leaves the arena he will eventually start moving again. Is this normal, and what can I do about this? Just get him used to being around other horses in the arena and eventually he will stop acting silly? It is super frustrating!



Submitted September 16, 2018 at 07:41PM by Pupsandstuff3
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/9gg6ks/gelding_wont_move_with_mare_in_arena/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment