Friday, September 21, 2018

#horses - #Can we talk about QH bars vs Semi QH bars?


Can we talk about QH bars vs Semi QH bars?

I'd like to hear your thoughts about the two. I've read there's no industry standard and that one brand's semi can be like another brand's QH bars, etc.

I spoke with a very reputable saddle maker on the phone today and he said that he only makes QH bars if it's a custom order and that Semi bars are overwhelmingly "what all the cowboys out here use." He recommended that full QH bars are typically used for short term arena work like calf roping, penning and the like and that Semi bars are better for long rides, are generally more versatile and fit 95% of QHs.

My trainer has one view, and apparently going by the internet and the saddle maker I spoke with, everyone has a different opinion and interpretation.

Anyone care to chime in and educate me?

Thanks!!



Submitted September 21, 2018 at 09:17PM by sofakingwright
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/9hwlpg/can_we_talk_about_qh_bars_vs_semi_qh_bars/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment