Thursday, September 27, 2018

#horses - #Buying a GoPro for the barn: Help!


Buying a GoPro for the barn: Help!

Hi! I'm a trainer looking at buying a GoPro to expand my business. I am totally new to this technology. Obviously I have heard of it, but I really know nothing about it. I am not sure what model to buy to suit my needs and don't want to spend more money than I need to. A quick search on the internet pretty much showed me that I could spend as much money as I want to on one, but I would rather not if I don't have to. I was hoping someone here might be able to shed some light on what model and/or accessories would be the best to go with.

Here's what I need to do with it:

*Document training sessions to monitor progress of horses or riders while keeping my hands free.

*Document rider POV footage

*Record and edit footage together for online clinics

*Potentially document horse POV footage

My needs are pretty simple, but it is a rough outdoor environment as you guys all know. I know that I am out of my depth here. I figured it was worth asking my fellow equestrians as some of you have probably already made a similar purchase for similar reasons. I did ask the gopro subreddit, but I feel like the advice of folks who know the demands of the horse world a bit better would be good advice to get. Any advice you can offer would be amazing!

Thanks in advance!



Submitted September 27, 2018 at 06:13AM by infiniteblurs
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/9jcbt5/buying_a_gopro_for_the_barn_help/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment