Sunday, August 12, 2018

#horses - #What are some of the dumbest things people have said/asked/done with or around horses?


What are some of the dumbest things people have said/asked/done with or around horses?

I volunteer at a rescue. Mine are:

  1. "Can we ride horses?" Um, no... It's not a riding barn. Go to a riding barn for that. We can't let random people ride.
  2. Someone was interested in adopting a horse. She came by when no one was at the rescue. Grabbed the horse she was interested in, tacked him up, and just rode without asking. The girl who managed adoptions at the time said "hell no" and that girl didn't get to adopt.
  3. "He bit me." Yeah, he also gave you a warning before he bit you.
  4. Someone screamed at a horse because he spooked and froze in place, which caused the horse that my sister was bringing into the barn to spook, rear up, and land on my sister's foot. Yes, my sister's fine, but I was so pissed.
  5. Someone was turning out a horse that just came to the rescue. One of the nicest horses ever. Never seen him even flatten his ears (at least to a human). Anyway, we have a turkey with the chickens. It was his first time seeing a turkey so he spooked and reared up. The woman who was leading him demanded to use chains on him after that and she had to be the one who led him out, so we let kids take the horse out just to prove a point (he got used to the turkey) and hid all the chains.
  6. There have been people who drop their kids off (like 10-14 year olds) and drive off. Ok, I've left my sister at the rescue before, but that's different because people actually know us, I always make sure someone knows, and it's just a quick trip to grab food/water.
  7. Someone gave a horse a carrot then stuck her finger up the horse's mouth. Got bitten. She down the driveway, screaming/crying, with blood dripping down her hand.
  8. We have plenty of people who think it's ok to cut horses' manes and tails...
  9. My sister adopted a miniature horse from the rescue. There's literally a sign that says he's adopted, contact me before doing anything with him, and no treats allowed. I told the farrier who used to be in charge of him to not trim his hooves anymore. (The main reason is he didn't trim the horses often enough so their hooves were little too long.) We found out that he trimmed my sister's horse's hooves after being told not to twice. He's definitely not doing it for free, and my sister is paying farrier she hired with her own money.


Submitted August 12, 2018 at 11:41PM by mdjk9
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/96vrl7/what_are_some_of_the_dumbest_things_people_have/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment