Friday, August 17, 2018

#horses - #Parking at WEG -- anyone else getting a little nervous?


Parking at WEG -- anyone else getting a little nervous?

I'm wicked excited to have an all dressage pass for the World Equestrian Games next month but I'm getting worried about the logistics of it. I've read that there won't be much parking on site (5k spots with 40-50k spectators anticipated every day) and generic statements about shuttles running but no details of WHERE the park & ride will be. The cost of parking doesn't even both me too much since I accepted long ago that this will be an expensive trip. I'm mostly concerned about being stuck in lots of traffic to get in and out.

Has anyone seen any information regarding shuttles? I've heard horror stories about Caen in 2014 and I don't want to get caught in a similar situation. I'm staying about 15 miles away in Forrest City, NC and I'm considering bringing a bicycle, parking in the country a few miles from the facility, and then cycling the last few miles.

Thoughts? Anyone heard anything important regarding transport?



Submitted August 17, 2018 at 07:28AM by jujubeee
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/9829dh/parking_at_weg_anyone_else_getting_a_little/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment