Thursday, July 26, 2018

#mylittlepony - #Went to my first Brony convention last weekend


Went to my first Brony convention last weekend

What it says in the title.

I've been a Brony since 2012, but have never really done anything in person, like meetups or conventions. There's a convention right near my town, just a ten minute drive from where I live. Since it was so close by, I figure it would be a shame not to go.

I felt pretty nervous about going alone, since I figured most people go in groups. The first day was a bit awkward for me because of that. Fortunately, I had a much better time the second day on. I eventually made a friend, and spent the rest of the con with him. Once I actually started interacting with people more, I had a great time. There's definitely something to be said for being surrounded by hundreds of people who all share the same niche interest as you. At one point, I bumped into a fanfiction author who I was familiar with online, but had never met before. It was kind of surreal, to have this community and these connections that I've only known online all of a sudden become "real".

The VA guests were all very nice, too. Elley-Ray, who voiced Mistmane in the S7 finale, was crazy in a good way. She was incredibly enthusiastic about the fandom, and stayed all the way through to closing ceremonies. Thorax's VA, Kyle Rideout, has a great Owen Wilson impression.

All in all, very glad I went, and definitely going again next year!



Submitted July 26, 2018 at 11:40AM by BobaLives
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/924ee6/went_to_my_first_brony_convention_last_weekend/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment