Thursday, July 26, 2018

#mylittlepony - #The day that /r/mylittlepony made me realize something that the show itself should have taught me...


The day that /r/mylittlepony made me realize something that the show itself should have taught me...

About an hour ago, I made a post saying that there should be a different name for bronies who are a bit over the top. At the time I liked them to the group of anime fans that have come to be referred to as Weeaboos. Someone responded to my post about how the term Weeaboo is a derogatory term, which I obviously knew, and that (paraphrasing) creating an us versus them just breeds hate. I am ashamed to call myself a brony now as the whole point of the show and the fandom at large is to make friendship grow and yet I was actively encouraging basically flushing the ideal down the toilet to put myself on some kind of pedestal.

My wife has gotten on me about similar things in the past and the lesson never managed to stick. To anyone who may have seen that post before I deleted it, I wish to offer my most sincere apology. It isn't the hardcore members of a fandom that ruin it, it's the elitists who think there is a right and a wrong way to enjoy something. From here on, as long as people shower regularly and wear deodorant so that everyone around can breathe freely, they're OK with me.

PS To the redditor who called me out, Thank You.

TL;DR I made a post discouraging the morals of the show and after being called out, ate my humble pie.



Submitted July 26, 2018 at 04:40PM by Partyboy317
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/926z78/the_day_that_rmylittlepony_made_me_realize/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment