Thursday, July 12, 2018

#horses - #I'm about to look into a job working at a stable.


I'm about to look into a job working at a stable.

I'm a waitress and I work at night. I work at a steakhouse so summer tends to be incredibly slow. I was talking to my aunt about this and how broke I am. She mentioned her vet (who also owns a boarding / training stable has been looking for decent help for months. Apparently the girl she has now is really lazy, doesn't want to do the work and is too afraid to handle 15 out 20 of the horses and refuses to handle them or put them out (which is literally like half the job).

So my aunt talked me up to her and I'm heading up today to see the facilities and talk to the owner about the job. From what I understand it's going to be mostly feeding, turn out and mucking stalls.

I'm confident around horses and pretty good at reading their body language. I know the basic do's and don'ts.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice. Any red flags I should look for while I'm there? Questions I should be asking?



Submitted July 12, 2018 at 09:06AM by Ziaki
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/8yakaj/im_about_to_look_into_a_job_working_at_a_stable/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment