Monday, July 2, 2018

#horses - #Horse Care and Health in a filthy environment


Horse Care and Health in a filthy environment

I'm at this place in Oregon for about a week and they offer horseback riding so I tried to find out where they kept the horses. Well I didn't find those horses but I found 2 in a stable in what looks like an abandoned horse center, maybe their first equestrian center. They're hidden in the back behind these trees and I have an apple so I figure I'll split it between the two and the horse pasture is just loaded with manure. There's fresh manure everywhere and it's two horses in a somewhat large stable, big enough for them but absolutely disgusting. I think okay maybe they haven't picked it up in a few days but I walk closer and when I reach the pen I realize the "dirt" I'm standing on is actually dried out poop that's just been pushed to the outside of the stable. That's extremely unsanitary and probably bad for the health of the horses. I look up Oregon law on the care of caged animals and it clearly states pens must be cleaned out daily or more often if needed. How do I bring up this information to the office? And if they refuse to do anything who would I call? Thank you!



Submitted July 02, 2018 at 07:02PM by midnightfire17
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/8vnzqu/horse_care_and_health_in_a_filthy_environment/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment