Friday, July 13, 2018

#horses - #Any tips??


Any tips??

Sorry, no cute horse pictures to share! I know, it makes me sad too...

I grew up riding hunter/jumpers, but I had to take a break for ten years (I'm a vet tech, I make no money, and that's all there is to it). I am finally in a position where I have a friend's horse to ride and I can take lessons once a week - but holy crap am I rusty. It's embarrassing!

Can anyone point me towards some youtube tutorials or websites for things I can work on when I'm on my own without a trainer? Youtube didn't exactly exist in the way it does today when I was riding consistently, and my current trainer is already confusing the hell out of me with some things (like how high to hold my hands, I was previously trained to hold my hands just barely above the withers and in front of the saddle - and my current trainer says that's just wrong!).



Submitted July 13, 2018 at 11:33PM by applenorgs
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/8yr25d/any_tips/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment