Thursday, June 21, 2018

#horses - #Need to vent, advice appreciated


Need to vent, advice appreciated

I've been boarding at my barn for ~10 years. In that time the barn manager left and his second hand man stepped up. Unfortunately he's really not fit for the job but that's besides the point. A few months back he brought 2 kittens to the barn, when I asked if he was going to get them fixed he kind of shrugged me off- cut to now. The girl is pregnant of course and she's barely 6 months old. I took her so she can have the babies at my house and then have her spayed. At first he was mad that I took her because apparently his plan all along was to breed them (for the rodents). I tried telling him this is a terrible idea but I don't think he gets that we will have a colony within a year. He told another woman at my barn he's just going to get another female unspayed female. I don't think I could get him to adopt already fixed ones. I'm thinking I need to go to the owner (Who is not a horse person as all just has $$$) but I don't want to create friction because I have a pretty close relationship with this guy.

This situation is really stressing me out! I can't get through this guys thick head!



Submitted June 21, 2018 at 05:11AM by widdle
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/8sqzo3/need_to_vent_advice_appreciated/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment