Friday, June 22, 2018

#horses - #First Hunter Pace


First Hunter Pace

I'm signed up for my first hunter pace on July 15th with my lease horse! I grew up eventing, but over the pats few months have gotten back in the saddle after several years off. Although I did novice eventing shows growing up, and maybe one 'fox hunt' schooling day, I have never actually done a pace. Currently, I'm working mostly on dressage, equitation and fences up to 2 ft. What should I do to prepare for the hunter pace? Cardio to amp up endurance? Hydration tips (I live in Florida) ? Tips for figuring out and maintaining the pace (average is 1:45 mins for this place.) I have the option of flat or jumps - I haven't schooled in XC in years, but I'm on a bombproof ride who loves to jump so I'm not sure which way to go.

Thanks for any input!



Submitted June 22, 2018 at 09:13AM by KABT1021
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/8t23wp/first_hunter_pace/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment