Tuesday, June 5, 2018

#horses - #Advice needed...


Advice needed...

I've had my mustang for the last 3 years. He was born out on the mountains and stayed that way until he was 5. He's had professional training and I currently use him for trail riding and some arena work. His name is Sirius and he's been an extremely easy keeper. Eats whatever, is barefoot, and just generally a happy guy. Not an "in your pocket" kinda horse but he definitely shows affection on his terms. Being a mustang, he definitely has some quirks and challenges that domesticated horses don't have. I love him dearly but it's getting to the point where I no longer am enjoying myself when we ride together. His stubbornness is proving to be too much and I feel like we are constantly starting back at square 1 if he sits for too long.

Sirius is being ridden a few times a week but with me working full time, being a mom, and working on my MBA I feel overwhelmed with his stubborn streaks. My time at the barn used to be a relaxing time and now I feel frustrated almost every time I go.

I've ridden horses for many years, but always have done feed leases. Sirius is my first horse that I have owned. I dont know if I just dont enjoy riding anymore, if it's him and I need a different horse, or what. My husband enjoys the challenge, but we're not exactly in the position to have 2 horses at this time. Nor does he ride or go to the barn as often as I do (hes starting to get back into it). I'm just at a loss because I'm attached to Sirius...but I'm not enjoying myself at all like I used to.

Any advice?



Submitted June 05, 2018 at 09:51AM by AlluringBones
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/8orwk3/advice_needed/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment