Wednesday, December 13, 2017

#horses - #Mares vs Geldings for first time owner?


Mares vs Geldings for first time owner?

I really shouldn't be worrying about this yet. I may share board eventually with a family friend who has lot of credentials and awards, but the debate is on my mind a lot. I have some natural, really big gravitation to mares, and I don't really know why. There is just something about them in my head. However, I've heard they either aren't as friendly, or you need to work hard to gain their trust. From my research, geldings will slobber you and be super happy to see you most of the time, and will always be up for a cuddle and some love which is super important to me, while mares not so much. I'm learning trail riding, so I don't know if that helps at all. If Geldings are more open to you being up close with them that may be preferred, as that's important to me. I wanna spend a lot of time with my horse, both on and off the trail. Basically, my heart is telling me a mare but my head is telling me a gelding. My heart is tightly winning the race right now but I also don't know if I'll be disappointed if my mare wants her personal space more, having her ears back, not as excited to see me or get saddled up for a trail, etc. It isn't a dilemma I'm going to have to face for at least another year, but it's on my mind a lot.



Submitted December 13, 2017 at 02:22PM by HereComeDatAlt
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/7jmh29/mares_vs_geldings_for_first_time_owner/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment