Thursday, November 30, 2017

#mylittlepony - #The Disappointing Lack of Songs in Season 7


The Disappointing Lack of Songs in Season 7

Most of us know that part of the reason for the lack of songs in season 7 had to do with resources being diverted to the MLP movie. I was fine with that whole season 7 was airing. I've actively complained about some of the musical episodes we've had in the past and generally like the series better when musical numbers are brief or kept to only a few episodes.

However, now that season 7 is over, I feel like the lower number of songs has somewhat sapped the season of a lot of it's impact. I'm not saying all the episodes with songs stood out more than those that didn't, as a few of this seasons numbers were kind of forgettable, but trying to remember what all happened over the course of season 7 isn't as easy as remembering say "winter wrap up' from season 1 or 'a Canterlot Wedding' From season 2.

But this is less a complaint about season 7 and more of a hope for season 8.

I hope Season 8 has more songs than the last two seasons. Heck, I even hope we get more than one musical episode. I'd really love it if we got a villain belting out a serious oratorio. I'd thrill to a soulful lament sung by Starlight. So here's hoping without the movie's distraction that season 8 is a bit more melodic.



Submitted November 30, 2017 at 10:22AM by TheKnackerman
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/mylittlepony/comments/7gnx8h/the_disappointing_lack_of_songs_in_season_7/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment