Friday, November 24, 2017

#horses - #Question about following horse.


Question about following horse.

Hi guys, something just happened to me with a horse that prompted this question, I know nothing about them so figured I could ask here.

Behind my house there's a big grass field where a neighbor's horse roams around daily. I never go there but today I had to go search my outdoor cat because there's a big storm coming. When I was leaving I sense something and then I see the horse (which I forgot about) walking like 15 meters behind. He's quite big so it made me a little nervous, but then I see him turn and start following me. Like I said I know nothing about horses so I started walking slightly faster constantly checking him out in case he did something unexpected. This kept going until I crossed the fence, he then trotted to the gate and turned around.

I wonder, was he just curious? Was he asserting dominance or something? He freaked me out for a minute and I'd like to know what to do and what not to do if this were to happen again. Thanks.



Submitted November 24, 2017 at 05:30PM by SameOlMistake
via reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Horses/comments/7fbmts/question_about_following_horse/?utm_source=ifttt

No comments :

Post a Comment